Graduates should be able:
- To learn and apply practical and effective skills relevant to the operating theatre, and work efficiently with related teams, and work partners
- To apply valuable theories in managing the operation of the theatres, enhancement of team building and increasing the effectiveness and quality of service and safety
- To broaden the knowledge of various surgical specialties
- To enhance the professional capability in risk management
- To understand and handle the needs of perioperative patient care
- To enrich oneself for career enhancement in the profession relating to operating theatre
The graduate will possess comprehensive knowledge and apply skills for working in operating theatres. They will also have a good understanding in perioperative nursing care, as well as management ability to bring betterment in the working environment, efficiency of the working teams, services and care to the patients.